Spark, But no Fire, at Villa O This Morning

A spark from a malfunctioning exhaust hood caused fire trucks to rush to Villa O on Travis Street this morning, according to restaurant owner Robert Colombo.

When kitchen staff were prepping for the day, a spark from a broken motor caused the restaurant’s sprinkler system to deploy, but the spark did not turn into a fire, Colombo said.

“When you get the call, you’re like ‘Oh my God,’ but then it turned out okay,” he said.

No one was injured during the event, and the restaurant will reopen tomorrow.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.