1. Looks like Chip’s is getting a facelift. Oh, and some suds too.
According to the fine geeks at Dallas Food Nerd, Chip’s is putting the finishing touches on a screened-in porch, and beer, mixed drink, and wine sales will commence on April 1. L’chaim!
2. This brings me to another good point: I didn’t know Chip’s was renovating. That’s on me.
I try to drive around the Park Cities a lot, but sometimes things slip through. So, if you see something, say something. Just e-mail me: email@example.com.
3. The Park Cities Bloodbath Blood Drive is this Friday and Saturday. Details:
- Highland Park Town Hall 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- University Park City Hall 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- UP Peek Service Center (4420 Worcola) 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- University Park City Hall 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
So stop by; I imagine there will be free cookies.
4. No University Park or Highland Park meetings this week. Due to the snow and ice storms in February, the city and town council meetings have gotten jumbled, so they now fall in the same week. This probably only affects one person (me), so I won’t complain.
But, it will most likely mean that every other week, Park Cities People will be fairly news-heavy, since we’ll have to jam the nuggets from both meetings into a single issue.
Fear not, for I am up to the task.