HPISD trustees waved in more than half a million dollars in gifts at last night’s board meeting. Here’s the rundown:
– $350,000 from the Highland Park Education Foundation. This final pledge from Mad for Plaid will go toward teacher salaries.
– $75,000 from the University Park PTA to support staff salaries.
– $41,700 from the Highland Park Sports Club for improvements to Scotland Yard. Included are new signs bearing the names of two famous alumni — Clayton Kershaw and Chris Young — above the left field (at $6,000 for the pair).
– $41,544 also from the University Park PTA, for staff development, training, and travel; technology/technology supplies and computer training; and instructional supplies.
– $18,051 from the Park Cities Asian American Families. The money will buy iPads and a cart.
– $10,000 from IBM for technology-based projects, given in honor of volunteer Bruce Lin.
– $10,000 from Sam and Cheryl Wyly, for unspecified use.
– Another $6,380 from the HP Sports Club, in the form of an in-kind donation of soccer balls for HPHS girls soccer teams.
– And a $349 Xerox machine from parent Joan Wilk, for the HPHS volleyball team.