Preston Hollow Resident Named Texas Women’s Foundation Chair
Texas Women’s Foundation has named Preston Hollow resident A. Shonn Brown as chair, serving from 2019-2021.
Brown, vice president and deputy general counsel at Kimberly-Clark, has served on the Foundation board since 2015, co-chaired the Annual Luncheon in 2017, and helped establish The Village Giving Circle at Texas Women’s Foundation. She succeeds Caren K. Lock.
Texas Women’s Foundation, formerly Dallas Women’s Foundation, exists to transform Texas for women and girls by empowering them to build stronger, more equitable communities through the state.
One of the world’s largest women’s funds, it is a trusted leader in advocating for and advancing economic security for Texas women, girls and families, and ensuring women and girls are enabled and supported in taking leadership roles in every sector in the state.
With more than $35 million in assets, Texas Women’s Foundation raises approximately $9 million a year to underwrite groundbreaking statewide research on issues affecting women and girls – providing decision-makers and lawmakers with critical data to inform policies, practices, and programs in the state.
Funds also sustain the Foundation’s $6 million in annual grants, mission-focused gendered asset investments, and support for innovative programs and solutions to help Texas women and girls thrive.
Texas Women’s Foundation has also announced seven new members of the Foundation’s, who will serve three-year terms from 2019-2022. They are:
- Hattie Hill, President and CEO, Hattie Hill Enterprises, Inc.
- Cynt Marshall, CEO, Dallas Mavericks
- Sarah K. Miller, President and Chair, Kozmetsky Family Foundation
- Tricia Miller, Miller Family Foundation
- Neena Newberry, President, Newberry Executive Solutions
- Debbie Rollins, Audit Partner, Grant Thornton
- Lissa Smith, Community Relations Advisor, FedEx Office
The executive committee includes the following:
- A. Shonn Brown, Chair (Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Kimberly-Clark)
- Caren Lock, Immediate Past Chair (Regional Vice President and Associate General Counsel, Government Relations, TIAA)
- Roslyn Dawson Thompson (President & CEO, Texas Women’s Foundation)
- Cheryl Alston, Secretary (Executive Director and CIO, Employees’ Retirement Fund of the City of Dallas)
- Michelle Hudson, Treasurer/Finance Chair (Principal, Hudson Peters Commercial)
- Shawna Wilson, Governance Chair (Vice President of Global Business Services, Frito-Lay)
- Toni Muñoz-Hunt, Programs Chair (Founder, Model Behaviors)
- Beverly Goulet, Investment Advisory Chair (Retired Executive Vice President and Chief Integration Officer, American Airlines)
- Betsy Healy, Advocacy Chair (Associate Director, Harold Simmons Foundation)
- Keri Kaiser, Member-At-Large (Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing and Experience, Children’s Health)
- Sara Madsen Miller, Member-At-Large (Principal/COO, 1820 Productions)
- Bonnie Clinton, Member-At-Large (CPO Indirect Procurement, Toyota North America)
- Hilda Galvan, Member-At-Large (Partner-in-Charge, Jones Day)