United to Learn celebrated back-to-school with Dallas ISD schools as part of the nonprofit’s Learning Launch — the only back-to-school supply drive that provides schools with materials requested by teachers.
Balloon arches and DJs welcomed kids to campuses Aug. 15 as they entered their first days of school in commemoration of classroom transformation projects, welcome signage, spirit packages, and more.
For the second day of school, United to Learn staff kept the celebration going by delivering supplies to 10 Dallas ISD campuses with donations of totes, foam sensory paint, science resources, and other teacher-requested tools.
The Preston Hollow campuses in this initiative included John J. Pershing Elementary School, Nathan Adams Elementary School, K.B. Polk Center for Academically Talented and Gifted, Arthur Kramer Elementary, Tom Gooch Elementary, and Sudie Williams TAG Academy.
The donated items/services were as follows:
- John J. Pershing Elementary School: a live DJ to create an exciting first day ambiance.
- Nathan Adams Elementary School: In partnership with Ty, “Beanie Boos” were given to each student to support the schools’ support of student emotional wellness.
- K.B. Polk Center for Academically Talented and Gifted: social and emotional writing prompts and foam sensory paint to create a calming room/safe space for students.
- Arthur Kramer Elementary: books in totes and a book stand.
- Tom Gooch Elementary: magnetic fishing poles.
- Sudie Wililams TAG Academy: gift card tree.