A few years ago, University Park removed the recycling bins from its city parks, after patrons were mixing trash with the cans and bottles. It required a lot of extra effort to remove all the diapers and Domino’s boxes before shipping the recyclables to the recycling center, so the plan was scrapped.
But after technology caught up to the fact that people are kinda dummies who put diapers in recycling bins, the city’s brought them back. Look for them in Caruth, Coffee, Curtis and Smith parks, and the John Roach Track at Germany Park. And, in case you need it, you can recycle:
- Aluminum – Cans and aluminum foil.
- Corrugated cardboard boxes – Please flatten, cut down or fold to a small size.
- Glass – Clear & color food and beverage jars and bottles.
- Juice cartons – Drink boxes and milk/juice cartons.
- Mixed paper – Brown paper bags, fast food materials including wrappers, cups and napkins.
- Newspapers, including fliers, coupons etc.
- Plastics – Water and soft drink bottles.
- Steel and tin cans.