Close Call: Marshall Wins DISD Seat

Dustin Marshall
Dustin Marshall

After all 62 precincts were tallied on June 17, candidate Dustin Marshall won the runoff election for Dallas ISD District 2 representative by less than one percent of the vote.

Out of the 5,814 who voted, 49.6 percent(2,886) showed support for opponent Mita Havlick, leaving the remaining 50.4 percent(2,928) in favor of Marshall.

Marshall will complete the remainder of Mike Morath’s – who left in December when he was selected to be the Texas Education Agency commissioner – term, which ends May 2017.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *